Thursday, July 15, 2010

Sketch Simply??

Are you ready to Stamp Simply? Sharon has a fun and very simple sketch for us this week. Here's what she says:

July 16 - ssnotime148 - A CAS Sketch - Today we are offering a Clean and Simple Sketch for you to follow. I love to see the different looks achieved by using the same basic sketch -- and that said, you can go CAS if you prefer OR you can dress up this basic sketch as much as you like! It'll be fun to see the variances!

Here's the sketch:

And here's my card.

This is a sketch that can be interpreted in lots of ways--I chose to go CAS and I broke the top element into four images. My base card is Kraft. The first element is Hawaiian Shores card stock with a layer of Dotty Biscotti paper. I stamped the three birds from Take Three - Summer in Hawaiian Shores ink on Kraft and cut them out with Classic Square Nestabilities, then popped them up on Pop Dots. The sentiment was stamped with Dark Chocolate ink. Finally, I added some Hawaiian Shores buttons tied with Rustic Twine and a Hawaiian Shores twill bow. Stamped very simply and I like it :)

So, now it's your turn. Come along and play and take us up on the challenge--we'd love to see what you come up with. If you do, be sure to leave the link to your project on Sharon's blog using Mr. Linky. Please use the keyword ssnotime148 if you upload to a public forum. And don't forget to check out Sharon's fabulous sample and also the great designs from the Stamp Simply team and leave 'em some love!

Clare Buswell - July Guest Designer

Barb Schram

Janine Orchard

A J Otto

Deb Saarenen

Jenny Gropp

Deb Neerman

Thanks for dropping in! I always love it when you do!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Take Three - Summer (PTI)
Paper: Kraft, Hawaiian Shores, Dotty Biscotti (PTI)
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Hawaiian Shores (PTI)
Accessories/tools: buttons, twine, ribbon (PTI)


18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love your take on the challenge and that fabulous color combination. You rocked it, Kiddo!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW -- love KRAFT -- but I REALLY love this combo of kraft and aqua --- gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the kraft card with the turquoise is just beautiful, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it BArb! The kraft and blue are perfect together!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a striking card-I love the colors together!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you did with this layout. I never would have thought to break the top layer into four pieces. Great colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Using the turquoise with the kraft paprr is just yummy! And to break up the front design element into four squares is genius! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these colors together. Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great take on the sketch...love how you divided the large square into four! These colors are beautiful together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cool card! Love the striking colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous! I love it!! Love the colors and the design a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE this card!! beautiful composition, the ribbon, the bird, everything is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous, Barb!! Love those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an absolutely striking color combo. I NEED to break out the Kraft!!!! LOVE your 4 square panels - creative genius here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE love this CAS look! And the blue on the kraft is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That blue on kraft is just beautiful! Love EVERYTHING about this card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...