Saturday, July 10, 2010

Exactly the way you are - Crazy 4 Challenges #45

Mornin', all! Today, Jessie has a fun color challenge for us: black, white, and red! One of my very favorite color combos!


For my card, I'm using some Memory Box paper called Black Tie--appropriate, don't you think? I'm using Mojo Monday Sketch #146 for my layout. I used two patterns of paper for the base, on top of a Basic Black layer, then added some black lace. For the three horizontal elements I did that scrunchy ribbon thing--LOL, I don't know what you call it, so "scrunchy ribbon thing" works for me! I stamped the image, from Verve's One Person set, on a Perfect Paper Panel with Memento Tuxedo Black ink three times. I colored with Copic markers, cut out, and layered the images with Pop Dots, then popped the whole thing up on the large oval element. I stamped the sentiment, from the same set, and punched it out, then attached it a bit lower than the sketch shows to work around my image. Finally, I added some silver flat-backed pearls to the center and as corner accents. I like it--lots of dimension on this card.

Sooooo, NOW, be sure to check out the samples by the rest of my crazy girls...er, I mean the Crazy 4 Challenges team ;-)
THEN, you know what to do--we'd love to have you come along and play with us. Just do your thing with the challenge and link it to Mr. Linky on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Please link directly to your project. And, if you upload to a public gallery, please use the key word C4C45.

Thanks so much for dropping in today! Can't wait to see what you do with these colors!

~Supplies~
Stamps: One Person (Verve)
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black (SU!); Perfect Paper Panel (MFT); Black Tie 6 x 6 pad (Memory Box)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Petite Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders); lace, ribbon, flat back pearls, Pop Dots (craft store); oval punch (SU!); Copic markers; ScorTape

30 comments:

  1. Wow, this is gorgeous! Love all the embellishments, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beauuuutiful! Love these colors and your ribbon technique is inspiring to the nth! Also love the Christmas card below :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a stunningly elegant card, Barbara! Really gorgeous! hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you bunched your ribbon! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty Barbara, love the ribbon and the papers... Well done...;-) Big hugs and happy weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way you ruffled the ribbons and I love the dimension on the flower. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Barb, this is just gorgeous! Your ribbon treatment is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! The red against the black and white really pops.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply lovely Barb! I love the shots of red on black. So elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! I love all the embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness Barbara, this is so elegant! Just BEAUTIFUL~

    Hugs

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  12. so very gorgeous...wow....great design as well

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this is just gorgeous, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous take on the sketch! I love these colors together, and your ribbon treatment is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooooooh, that's pretty! Love how you used the ribbon for the layout. Very striking in these colors. Great sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is stunning! I love the ribbon behind the image! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty Barb! I also love these colors.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous.....such a classy color combination! Love the scrunchie ribbon thing for the sketch! perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How pretty! Love that ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOWzer GF thsi is one gorgeous card!!! Love your ribbon treatment and the awesome VV Set with my fav Pearls :)!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  21. How elegant and classy your card is! Just love the ruffled ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow Barbara! I love what you did with the ribbons! Very fancy indeed. Your card is beautiful!

    maria

    ReplyDelete
  23. love the black/red/white combo but most of all I love the ribbon treatment. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on your MOJO win!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations on your Mojo win! I love this card - it would be perfect for an anniversary card to give to hubby.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...