Thursday, July 01, 2010

MFT Design Team Announcement/Reveal

I've got an MFT card to show you but first I have a little something else to share.

Happy, happy, joy, joy! Kim is announcing the MFT Design Team members for the next term and I couldn't be happier to be staying!! This past year has been awesome--Kim and MFT just simply ROCK and I'm so thrilled to be working with the super talented designers on the team! In fact, she's announcing a couple of new teams in addition to the MFT Design Team. They are the MFT Scrap & Arts Team and the MFT Challenge Team. To find out more about all of the teams and who's on them, check out Kim's blog :)

I made this card for a Papercrafts Connection challenge a while back--obviously I didn't win, LOL, but I loved the challenge: to use phone book pages on your project. Nothing is more appropriate for that than the Call Me set that I used. I stamped the image on a Perfect Paper Panel with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and colored it with Copic marker and Prismacolor pencils. I also did some paper piecing and cut my phone book paper with the Jumbo Scallop Die-namics die for a little interest. I don't know why my dark brown always looks black, but I assure you that ribbon is dark brown ;-) Other MFT products I used area Sour Apple card stock and buttons from the Spring Collection.

Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to hop on over to Kim's blog to get the news!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Call Me (MFT)
Paper: Sour Apple, Perfect Paper Panels (MFT); Very Vanilla (SU); phone book pages; Fly a Kite 8 x 8 pad (October Afternoon)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa; Vintage Touch Tea Dye ink (PTI)
Accessories: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Curved Rectangles Nestabilities, Tag Trio (Spellbinders); ribbon (craft store); buttons (MFT); twine (PTI); Jumbo Scallop Die-namics Die (MFT); Copic markers; sewing machine


18 comments:

  1. This card is so much fun. I love that you used an actual page from the phone book! Now, I just wish I had a pink polka dotted chair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OF COURSE YOU ARE STILL ON THE TEAM SILLY!!!!! LOL

    I went to the blog and NO NEWS!!!!! Kim must be behind... I'm wanting to know what's up... I'm not in the know so I'm not a chosen one... LOL But I wanna know what superstars were chosen....

    LOVE the card and I'm SO HAPPY FOR YOU... now about that DD!!!! LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Barb! That is so exciting for you! I am not suprised though, you are so talented. Just take that card of yours...adorable! I just love the sentiment that goes with the phonebook print. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You incorporated the phone book pages so well. I thought they were patterned papers. And that sentiment is perfect for this!!
    Great job!
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  5. I NEED that plaid shirt in my size! Love it Barb, and congratulations! Your work is stupendous, so it's no surprise you are being asked to stay on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are always so precious....your details are second to none, so it's no suprise you're still on the DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, you should have won for this card, it's adorable...how creative!

    Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wouldn't have ever thought to use a phone book page!! What a neat idea! Your card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You didn't win with this? This is pure talent and imagination!!! I'm shocked. This is am amazing design! Gee, I have that set....I'm inspired to bust it out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just LOVE this Barbara! The phone book pages are SO fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome card, Barbara. :) I love it. :) I'm so happy you're staying on with MFT. I HEART you and your stamping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMFG! That is pure genius!!! LOVE the yellow pages on this card! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super card! Love the yellow pages! And congrats in making the MFT team again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh and congrats too! You are one talented gal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute! I love the phone book pages! Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...