Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Not Quite Wild Marina? Color Throwdown #102/CAS-tastic Wednesday

[If you're looking for my MFT VIP Blog Hop project, please scroll down to the next post. Thanks!]

Yeah, it's a lame title--but it's all I could come up with. It's time again for Color Throwdown. This week LeAnne chose the colors...
So, what do you think? Two blues--they threw me.

The CAS-fantastic Wednesday Challenge for this week is All Things Summer so I decided to go with flowers. That's summer, right? I started by stamping a card base of PTI Vintage White card stock with an image from Turning a New Leaf in Wild Wasabi. I don't have any of the new SU! colors yet, so LeAnne generously gifted me with a sheet of Marina Mist. It really is a gorgeous blue. I stamped a strip of it with Polka Dot Basics II in Not Quite Navy. Then I tied a piece of twill around and added a folded scallop flower and two rolled flowers using MFT's Rolled Flower Die-namics die. Finally, I added some punched out leaves and called it good!

Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD102 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week!

Broni Holcombe--Splashes of Watercolor
Danielle Kennedy--Wild Dragonfly Designs
LeAnne Pugliese--Wee Inklings
Tammy Hershberger--Stamp Happy
Kristin Beuter--Mindless Creativity--on leave for several weeks
Laura Pryor - Lil' Inker Designs
Makiko Jones - MakInk Studio

And, I hope you'll play along with the CAS-tastic Challenge this week, and don't forget to check out my team mates' creations :)

Agata
Angie (Creator)
Bonnie Rose
Deb
Karen
Maylee
Regina

This set also works for a bunch of the DTGD challenges going on this week at SCS: DTGD10rsalamon, DTGD10AmberDawn01, DTGD10gbedwright. Get the deets here.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Turning a New Leaf, Polka Dot Basics II (PTI)
Paper: Vintage White (PTI); Not Quite Navy, Marina Mist, Wild Wasabi (SU!)
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Not Quite Navy (SU!)
Accessories/Tools: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Rolled Flower Die-namics die (MFT); leaf die, scallop punch (SU!); twill; button/twine (PTI)


26 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Barbara! I love the leaf print background and those gorgeous flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work! Love your flowers. Such a pretty design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, Barbara! Love those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely Barbara! I love those rolled flowers and I think you did a fantastic job with the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your rolled flowers against the leafy BG! I tried my first rolled flower yesterday and it was a disaster...I hope to get to your level of perfection some day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, Barbara! I think you combined the two blues beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barbara - I really like those rolled flowers. I am going to try and find the die you are talking about~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your rolled flowers are just perfect and I LOVE how you paired them with the leaf punches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is SO stunning Barbara! Perfectly balanced and utterly GORGEOUS! LOVE the rolled flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, Barbara...as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eeeeek, two blues are tough! But you totally rocked it, Barbara ... this is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty! Great simple layout and wonderful flowers! Of course, I just adore the polka dots! I didn't know I loved them so much until I found I was using them on like every project! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so beautiful Barbara, I love this color combination and can't wait to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a beautiful card Barbara! I love how you put the leaves on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful summer card, Barbara!! I love the vine background and flower embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is great.....i love your flowers...they are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Barbara this card is so beautiful!!! Love how you combined the challenges...you rocked them both!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  18. Terrific colors and the design is fantastic! Theflower, punch leaves, and, twill ribbon are fantastic together! Great card, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very Pretty Barbara! Love the background you created...so lovely with the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  20. GORgeous!!! I LOVE how you do clusters of leaves and flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very nice use of the colors on this card Barbara and it has a nice clean and simple look.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is gorgeous Barbara! I love your rolled flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOWWWWWW, I looooove the look of all those leaves, especially with the dimensional ones accenting the flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...