Saturday, July 03, 2010

Happy July 4th - MFT July Teaser, Day One

Okey dokey, let the fun begin! It's almost time for MFT's July release. Here's what you need to know:
  • The July Guest Designer contest starts today and will be announced here.
  • Teasers begin today and will continue through Wednesday, July 7th. Be sure to check Kim's blog every day at 11:00am for links to designers previewing each day.
  • The July Hop and Shop will begin at 10:00pm on July 7, with the hop starting at Kim's Blog.
Today we're previewing Cruising Cosmo Girl and Banner Day Alphabet--which is what I'm going to show you. This is a fun new alphabet that I just love! I've been wanting a smaller, plain alphabet and this is it! And, if that wasn't enough, I'm also showing you a brand new Die-namics die set--the Banner Day Die. Here it is:


Is this a fabulous idea, or what? There are three dies in one--the banner, a mat, and the little scalloped top border. CUTEness, pure and simple!! Here it is in action, using the new Banner Day Alphabet.

The alphabet has upper and lower cases, numbers, and st, nd, rd, and th which offers a wide range of options for just about anything you'd want to spell out! Just think of all the awesome banners you can make with this--for cards and scrapbook pages!

I decided to make a patriotic card for today. I cut the banner elements from MFT Whip Cream card stock (temporarily out of stock) and the mat from Wild Cherry. The blue is from a scrap I found in my stash and which matched the blue star print patterned paper (all of which I've pretty much covered up, LOL). Then I stamped the letters with blue ink and sponged everything pretty heavily, finally adding some tiny white flat pearls across the banner top--hopefully to suggest stars :) The lace is from the Crocheted Ribbon Collection with some red seam binding woven through it. Buttons are from the Earth Girl and Summer collections. The "Happy" is from Who's That Birthday Girl. I was going for a vintage Americana look--I think I got close.

Here's the inside:


The top sentiment and the "and" at the bottom is from Let's Hear It For the Boys. I really love Banner Day Alphabet, which I used for the "RED, WHITE & BLUE".

That's all I have for you today. Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll be back tomorrow with another sneak at a new set. Don't forget:
  • The July Guest Designer contest starts today and will be announced here.
  • Teasers begin today and will continue through Wednesday, July 7th. Be sure to check Kim's blog every day at 11:00am for links to designers previewing each day.
  • The July Hop and Shop will begin at 10:00pm on July 7, with the hop starting at Kim's Blog.
~Supplies~
Stamps: Banner Day Alphabet, Who's That Birthday Girl, Let's Hear It For the Boys (MFT)
Paper: Whip Cream, Wild Cherry (MFT); blue scrap; star pattern and red gingham (The Paper Studio); hymn book
Ink: Real Red, Ballet Blue, Basic Black (SU!); Tea Dye Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Banner Day Die-namics die, buttons, lace (MFT); linen thread (The Cat's Pajamas); seam binding; sewing machine; flat back pearls (craft store)


29 comments:

  1. Great stamps!! I love the way you have used them here. Really festive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable, love it! That looks like a great alpha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card! I love the banner. You have such great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever die that is, and your card, FABULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THose are VERY cool new dies...I just love 'em!!! Fab creation, Barb!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your card, Barbara! LOVE LOVE LOVE the banner dies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I'm loving this die! I''m one to first scroll through and check out the photos/pictures before reading the blog. I thought the die was a clowns hat at first. It's a thought for the future! Great card and I like the alphabet font.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the inside!! The music on the front is a great touch too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous!! Love the pennants and red, white, and blue.
    Thanks for playing in Speedy's Friends challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it....it's a fabulous patriotic card Barbara!!! Awesome sneak peek!!! Happy 4th of July weekend to you!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable! I just love the sheet music! Perfect for the Guest Designer Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, just look at all those incredible details...they all work BEAUTIFULLY together, girl. Wow, do I ever LOVE this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, that's a gorgeous card! Where'd you get the idea for the music in the background? LOL That's the BEST part!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just fabulous Barbara! I am so loving this new Die-namics die!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow! That looks like it was made for me! :) I LOVE those banner dies! So cute!! Great job on your card! Love the patriotic approach you took!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow!! LOVE that die!! Remind me why I bought a Silhouette?!! I absolutely love your card. Everything about it is just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is absolutely perfect!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness-a cute little banner die! Fabulous patriotic card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful card, Barbara! What a great banner die set that is! And such a nice alpha. The sheet music is genius! I love it, and I feel very patriotic doing so!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic, Barbara! Great use of the banner die and I love the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is OUT of this world STUNNING Barbara! WOW WOW WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh wow, Barbara. You have me sold on this alpha and the die! I am in love with banners and would make banner after banner if my little 'helpers' would let me!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome card! Love the banner die.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ok beyond adorable! I love those new dies! How fun are those?

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a fantastic 4th of July card with those adorable banners!! I MUST HAVE THESE!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow - this is beyond fabulous Barbara! I love the die and all your wonderful details!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...