Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Thank you! Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge #76


It is time for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge (FTTC76)! This week yours truly is the host and I have an Inspiration Challenge for you! I've chosen one gorgeous picture to get you inspired by for your card making. You can obviously recreate the look or be inspired by the colors or other elements in the photo. We would love to see what you create!

And here's the inspiration piece I chose:

I just love the colors in this--so fresh and summery, don't you think? So for my card, I chose a very summery set--Flourishes Humming Along. We have these Ruby Throated humming birds at our house--we put out several feeders for them and they are such entertaining little rascals!

I stamped the images on Classic White card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored it with Copic markers. I thought that gorgeous image (two images, really--the Trumpet Vine and the hummer are two separate images) didn't need much embellishment so I pretty much embraced the white space--I think the card construction is pretty obvious.

This card also works for the SCS Dirty Dozen Central theme this month and DTGT10rsalamon, DTGD10AmberDawn01, DTGD10gbedwright, DTGDflowergal36. If you're a fan club member you can get the details here. If you're not, consider joining so you can get in on all the fun this week!

Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to go see what my team mates are doing with the inspiration piece today! I hope you'll play along with us!
~Supplies~
Stamps: Humming Along (Flourishes)
Paper: Classic White (Flourishes); Always Artichoke (SU!)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories/tools: Cuttlebug, Swiss Dot embossing folder (Provocraft); Dew Drops; Copic markers; medium oval punch (SU!); foam tape, ribbon (craft store)


21 comments:

  1. Hi Barbara, love your beautiful card you posted today. Hummingbirds are my favorite & you've done a wonderful job coloring him & the flowers.
    Hugs, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. GASP! This is absolutely exquisite, Barbara! I think I need to grow some trumpet vine. Gorgeous coloring and design! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Barbara! I love that image and the colors are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little hummer looks just like the ones that visit the feeder outside of my kitchen window. Absolutely stunning card! What a great inspiration photo! I can't way to play along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful coloring! I think the hummingbird might fly right off the card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love hummmingbirds...this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is SO beautiful!!Your coloring is just gorgeous!!
    Thanks for a fun challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barbara, this is beautiful! You did a wonderful job with the copics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super gorgeous, Barbara!! Your coloring is just stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that is so pretty! Great job coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful, Barbara! Clean and colorful at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, one of my favorites---just spent some time on my porch this morning watching my hummers! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bar, this is a masterpiece. You can color like nobody's business!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simply gorgeous card Barbara!!! Your coloring looks fabbo!!! I loved this weeks IC piece and it is so fun to see how different everyones cards turned out!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning!! Gorgeous!! Awesome!! and I like it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a delightful and beautiful card!!! Fantastic hummingbird.
    ~Penny~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...