Wednesday, July 07, 2010

You shall reap what you sow - MFT July Hop and Shop

Wowzas! What a fantastic lineup MFT has for you in this month's release! I know we say that every month, and think it can't get any better, but it always does! If you got here from the uber talented Cindy's blog, you're right on track, if not, double back to Kim's blog 'cause she's the starting line and you won't want to miss a thing along the way.

I'm showing you this month's Who's That Girl: Who's That Gardening Girl. This was such a fun set to work with 'cause I'm a gardening kinda girl. I've already been eating fresh-from-my-garden green beans, cucumbers, and tomatoes, all grown in my raised beds, just like WTG's!

I decided to make a little gardening tote--you know, the kind in which you carry tools and supplies out to the garden (does anybody really use them for that, LOL?). I was inspired by some hand towels that I picked up earlier this season that go perfectly with the Garden Variety paper by Cosmo Cricket that I'm using. I thought they--and a couple of other items--would make a perfect little gift for a gardening friend.

Here's the set.


*****************

Close up of the bag. To start with, I made a shallow topless box for the base. Then I made the bag front, sides, and back from two pieces of card stock, slipped it down over the shallow base box, and attached them together with ScorTape. I added a "pocket" onto the front to store my "tools", LOL. I free hand drew them on card stock, then paper pieced the silver metallic paper and patterned paper handless. Lots of trim cut with the new Open Scallop Border Die-namics die and the sentiment is done with the new Framed Greetings Die and Stamp Set and a sentiment from the Green Thumb Mini set. These buttons are from the Summer collection and I'm using Gumdrop Green and Whip Cream card stock.


*****************

Back of the bag. As you can see, I added a strip of card stock to cover the seams on each side--I actually stitched on them to make it look like a real bag :) The twill and ribbon handle are made with one continuous loop and attached on the bottom and sides. This gives the bag a ton of support.


*****************

The card. My, but I love this image! I stamped it on a Perfect Paper Panel with Memento Rich Cocoa ink, colored with Copic markers and shaded with a Prismacolor pencil. WTG's shirt was paper pieced (sharp eyes will detect that I used the same paper for her shirt that I did for my VIP card--what can I say, it's her favorite gardening outfit ;-)). You probably can't tell, but I paper pieced the raised bed with some real wood paper and did just a little shading with a Copic marker (it's hard to see but it's SO cute IRL!). The "grass" was cut with the Fresh Cut Grass Die-namics die using green felt that's temporarily out of stock. The sun was cut with the Sunshine Die-namics die--the button center is from the Spring collection, as is the button on the twill bow. Also using Red Hot card stock on the card.


*****************

Inside of the card. More use of the Open Scallop Border die here and a sentiment from Who's That Gardening Girl.


*****************

Here's what's in the bag. See what a perfect match they are?! See why I was so inspired by them?


OK, that's all I have for you! Thanks so much for dropping in! Now you need to head on over to the amazing Julie's blog--I'm pretty sure she's going to WOW you with her creation! Oh! And don't forget that someone has blog candy to give away. We're not tellin' who, so be sure to comment on every DT member's blog to give yourself the best chance of winning. I'm just sayin'...

~Supplies~
Stamps:
Who's That Gardening Girl, Green Thumb Mini Set, Framed Greetings Stamp Set (MFT)

Paper:
Whip Cream, Gumdrop Green, Red Hot card stock, Perfect Paper Panels (MFT); Garden Variety 6 x 6 pad (Cosmo Cricket); real wood paper

Ink:
Memento Rich Cocoa

Accessories:
Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Framed Greetings, Fresh Cut Grass, Sunshine, Open Scallop Border Die-namics dies, buttons, felt (MFT); Copic markers; sewing machine; brads, ribbon (craft store); twine (PTI); twill; ScorTape


57 comments:

  1. OMG!!! I love your bag and card. I will definitely have to try making a bag like this...TOO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are AWESOME!!!!
    Joann B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is stunning! I adore that lil bag so much! How clever of you! Such a sweet set! Very inspiring :)
    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Im a newbie to your blog-hop, but I just love what you DT peeps all made with all the new items. I loved it some much I ordered almost all of the dies and a few stamps. TFS your beautiful work.

    Aloha
    ilissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your bag and card. That paper totally matches!! TFS

    aloha
    from Hawaii
    ilissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an incredible set! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh MAN, how cute and smart is this! I can see why you were inspired but the outsides are as pretty as the insides!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey great job. I love, love, love it - the colour combo is great.

    Thanks for the inspiration.

    Luv Sandie (Australia)

    ReplyDelete
  9. how cute and the tools that you made really are sweet. I love the whole set this is just too cute. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally awesome gift idea Barbara!!! Love the card and bag!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning bag and card. What a perfect set.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGOSH!!! You are SUCH a rockstar... "just hand drew" WHAT???? OMG I thought it was a Cricut cartridge!!! LOL

    LOVE this and LUCKY LUCKY FRIEND!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. WHat a fabulous set...so fun & beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am lovin this project with all the bright green!! Great job!! I'm a newbie to MFT and placed an order tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow!!! You are amazing!! What a great "gifty" set!!!

    jennik

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, I'm overwhelmed, Barbara! How do you do it all? You are the most productive papercrafter! This is such a unique, bright, and happy gardening set! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so cute! You have SO outdone yourself. Thanks so much for sharing and inspiring us all!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is a great set Barbara. Perfect products to make things for my green thumbed Mum. Love what I see!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a wonderful project Barbara! I just love that bag!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome projects, Barb. It's a beautiful set. I ordered my first MFT dies this morning. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow Barbara, what an amazing project!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Excellent gift and card set!! Love the color combos and that the gift matches perfectly:) The more I see of this set the more the gardener in me HAS to have it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. So so fun Barb! I just love the way you used the Garden Variety papers and that stamp! This is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Barb, You are killing me! Now I need the sun die! Love the sewing too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, I just don't know how you have the time to create such incredible projects! Your inspiration towels were TRULY an inspiration---awesome project!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Whoa. That's major! Great project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this! Those tools you created by hand are cute! and your tool bag is so adorable. I love that open scallop edging. Fab card for a gardener. So colorful. Everything is super!

    ReplyDelete
  28. THUD...I just fell off my chair!
    Barbara, this is RIDICULOUSLY FABULOUS! I cannot even form words to explain how much I LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh, how wonderful! Your card and bag are just fabulous! You did pick out the perfect papers! I absolutely love them!

    ReplyDelete
  30. amazing, sersiouly amazing. love that bag...will you be sharing another template? great work, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear MFT, happy birthday to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Awesome!! I love looking at all the altered items you create!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I am in awe here....these goodies are incredible! Wow...you rock girl!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a fun set! Love the colors, and the stitching on your card is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a beautiful set... Love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  36. How awesome is this!!! I am always in awe of your work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. WOW! Love your gift set! The colors are eye-popping! As a gardner, I'd love to receive this gift set!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love your bag and card!

    Deloris T

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wowsie!! What a darling bag and matching card. Great job!!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow! That's all so beautiful! I love what you did with the set and paper. Totally cute! Your coloring on the card is also really great.

    ReplyDelete
  41. This is awesome and inspiring work. I love the inspiration found in the gift contents. So pretty and colorful. Great job.
    Peace, Becky Johnson
    princes729@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh how fun! I love this, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oh WOW!!! what can anyone say...this is just amazing....jealously has reached a new level here :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. OMG! This is amazing...and seein' how I own the set, I may have to CASE,lol

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love this! That sun is great! Hugs, Val

    ReplyDelete
  46. Is there no freakin' end to your creativity??? SEND ME SOME OF IT!!! This is AAAWWWWEEESSSOOOMMMEEEEE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. I can't say anything other than WOW!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...