Saturday, May 22, 2010

Framed Thank You - Crazy 4 Challenges #38

It's Crazy 4 Challenges day! Today, the fabulous Cindy has a sketch for us and The Stamping Boutique continues to be our sponsor this week.

OK, let me be the first to say this was a hard sketch for me--I couldn't decide which way to go so I went the safe route with CAS.

I stamped this image from Through the Trees with Dark Chocolate Ink and added the birds with Pure Poppy ink. Then I put a Dark Chocolate frame around it to qualify for TLC273 at SCS: I've Been Framed. A ribbon, some stitching, and a sentiment and it was done!

NOW, be sure to check out the samples by the rest of my crazy girls...er, I mean the Crazy 4 Challenges team ;-)
THEN, you know what to do--we'd love to have you come along and play with us. Just do your thing with the challenge and link it to Mr. Linky on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Please link directly to your project. And, if you upload to a public gallery, please use the key word C4C38.

Thanks so much for dropping in today! Can't wait to see what you do with this sketch!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Through the Trees, Birthday Basics (PTI)
Paper: Stamper's Select White; Bitty Dot Basics (PTI)
Ink: Dark Chocolate; Pure Poppy (PTI)
Accessories: foam tape (craft store); ribbon, button, twine (PTI); sewing machine


25 comments:

  1. This set is on my wish list.....I think this tree image is my favorite of them all! Love the red and brown together....love the little red birdies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Barbara, love the colors and the birdies... HUGS and happy weekend...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love this. Gorgeous job...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhh, such a dramatic looking card with the silhouettes and rich colors. Loooove the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like this sketch and your card! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this! The red and brown combo is a fun one! Love the diagonal cut of paper on the background too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! I love the rich colors, and that fabulous bow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So elegant...the colors are simply gorgeous, Barb...and I love that image!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this set barb and those colors are sweet! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is wonderful. Love the color combo and the red birds really "pop" against the background of the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice, Bar---I love this set and the colors/papers you used are perfect. Very soothing & calm--everybody needs that! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really pretty Barbara, I'm digging that sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautifully done, barb! love the pop of red on the birds in the focal panel!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty!! its very different..love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful take on the Sketch Barb!!! Love this sweet PTI set too!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  16. your CAS is fabulous...love that image with the teenie pop of redbird.....cute

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great colors and image with red bird detailing! LOVE all your wonderful sewing and frame design! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just beautiful Barb! LOVE the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You always amaze me with your creations. Spot on with the Challenge and beautiful as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the colors. And the birds are the highlight for me. Great job on this!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful! I really love that birch tree stamp. The red birds look wonderful with them!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very cool! I love the frame. It's especially perfect with the that Through the Trees stamp set. Great job, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...