Sunday, May 16, 2010

Every day is a gift - Papertrey Chicks Challenge #2

I'm finally getting around to this week's Papertrey Chicks challenge. This week's challenge is to case a card selected from the PTI Design Team Gallery. Leann chose this card by Betsy Veldman.


And here's my take on it.


I kept the white card base. I changed the center gray swirl and did some scoring instead. I used a different image (a motif from the Giga Guide Lines set), I made a rolled flower instead of the butterfly, and I used a Hawaiian Shores ribbon instead of white. I also used a different sentiment, from Out On a Limb, Sentiments, which was stamped in Smokey Shadow ink. Swirly leaves are from Turning A New Leaf.

I love how this turned out. So crisp with all the white, but with enough color to be interesting. Hope you like it, too :)

Thanks for stopping by today!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Giga Guide Lines. Turning a New Leaf, Out On a Limb, Sentiments (PTI)
Paper: Stamper's Select White, Summer Sunrise (PTI)
Ink: Spring Moss, Summer Sunrise, Hawaiian Shores, Smokey Shadow (PTI)
Accessories: ribbon (PTI); Scor-Pal; glue dot, Pop Dots


16 comments:

  1. I love that flower ........ so beautiful!!! Great card Barbara!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! you have done a great job CASing Betsy's card. I too love the flower. Beautiful card Barbra!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic! Love it! Love the simple card design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great CASE!!! I love that flower you used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty card Barbara, and a great take on Betsy's card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara, this is gorgeous! Great job using the inspiration piece and making it your own.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I like it too! Especially that sweet rolled flower you did!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Barbara. I don't have Out On A Limb. Definitely on the wish list though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Bar, really love your rolled flower!

    BTW thought I'd let you know that your MFT cards totally were the reason I discovered those cloud dies and was persuaded to buy them! Thank you - they really fab!! But I will love the PTI ones more once they arrive, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful case GF!!! Love this big giga set too :)!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think your version came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is totally cute!!! You amaze me each and every time I visit your blog. I am an official fan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great take on this challenge! YOur card is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...