Monday, May 03, 2010

Beach Bum - My Favorite Things' Teaser, Day Three

Its Monday so that means it's Pure Innocence teaser time! This month we have three: Best Medicine, Beach Bum, and Lather, Rinse, Repeat. And they all are totally adorable! Just wait, you'll agree! I'm bringing you Beach Bum today. I just love this little girl!!! And yes, I used a Die-namics die again, too! I can't put them down!!

I decided I wanted to create a scene with her ;-) So after stamping her on a Perfect Paper Panel with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and coloring, paper piecing, and cutting out the image, I used some of MFT's new digi paper, Sheltering Tree for the sky, the grass, and leaves. I stamped the tree from the recently released Sheltering Tree set on Fossil card stock. After they were in place, I cut two pieces of fine grit sandpaper with my Die-namics Scalloped Scallop die and staggered their placement on one another. I again used my normal Cuttlebug sandwich, the only thing I did differently was to cut from the *back* of the sand paper because I didn't want my die blade to actually be exposed to the grit of the sandpaper. I was hoping to simulate the uneven sand at the beach with these two layers. Did it work?


Then I placed my little Beach Bum slightly in between the two layers and added her bucket and shovel and a sea shell. I added a punched out sun, the sentiment stamped on the middle size cloud cut with my Clouds die, and some ribbon from MFT's Bakery Blend ribbon collection.

Here's the inside. I stamped the sandcastle on more sandpaper, cut it out, and added a snippet of ribbon for the flag. The sentiment is stamped on the largest size cloud. Then I traced it on some card stock and cut that out a tiny bit larger to use as a mat.


Thanks for stopping by today! Want to see more with this set and the other Pure Innocence sets? Head on over to Kim's blog at 11:00am and she'll have the list of all the DT showing these sets today. Have fun!

And don't forget this month's MFT Stamps Guest Designer Challenge. This month the challenge is a Fabric and Felt theme. Challenge entries will be due Tuesday, May 4th, by 10 pm EDT. To be considered, upload to SCS using keyword: MFTGUESTDT0510. The winner will be announced in the release party thread on May 5th by 8:45 p.m. EST.

~Supplies~
Stamps:
Beach Bum Pure Innocence, Sheltering Tree (MFT)

Paper: Whisper White, Yoyo Yellow, Tempting Turquoise (SU!); Sheltering Tree Digi Paper, Perfect Paper Panel. Fossil card stock (MFT); Ducks In a Row (October Afternoon); sand paper (hardware store)
Ink:
Memento Rich Cocoa

Accessories:
Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Scalloped Scallop and Clouds Die-namics die, ribbon (MFT); 3M foam squares (craft store); Copic markers; leaf punch, Christmas Star punch (Martha Stewart); 1/2" circle punch (SU!)


31 comments:

  1. This is so cute. I love the sandpaper. What a great idea. I just love the image. I used one on my card this week at SSDS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, the fine sandpaper for the sand is GENIUS. This card looks AMAZING....inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cutie little girl! Looove the woodgrain on the tree trunk and the sandpaper is a FANTASTIC idea for the sand, Barbra! I really really love this card. So much to look at and say wow!.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous dear Barbara, love the cute image and your Dies... Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bar she is DARLING, Love your details with the tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW....what an awesome scene you created!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute, Barbara! And how clever to use sandpaper! It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling image and the sandpaper does look like the beach! Cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card gives me the impression that she's dreaming of the beach.. in her Sandbox! Hmm.. another card idea? Love it.. the scallop was perfect! Is it just me, or like with our own kids, do you just want to raspberry this little PI's tummy? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Barbara, this is just too adorable and SOOO me!! You KNOW I love anything to do with the beach! I see that Kim will be getting a bunch of $$ from me this month!! What a wonderful card scene you've created!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sandpaper?! What an absurdly simple but creative idea Barb! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG this is tooo stinkin' cute!!! Love this sweet PI image and your *sand* idea is fabulous!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG....this has got to be one of the cutest cards I've ever seen!!! I really thought you had used cork paper upon first glance but then read about the card and it's SANDPAPER!!! Way cool!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. My first thought was OMG...DARLING...is that sand paper? GENIUS using sand paper for sand! Awesome card, Barbara!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. SCREAMING & GIGGLING!!!!!! LOL

    YES, you got the bumpy uneven sand effect and look at that Flag.... OH MY OH MY!!!! This PI is my FAVE EVER, EVER, EVER!!!!!!!

    TOTALLY CUTE BARBARA!!!!! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the tree in the background--fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The card is way too cute! Love what you did with sand!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. so sweet, love this... thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super cute card! Love the new dies paired with the adorable PI girl at the beach--and the sandpaper is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Genius stamping the sand on sandpaper! And I just love those clouds dies, I think I'm gonna have to get it! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cute! Great idea to use sandpaper for the beach. Love that little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What an adorable card with that cute little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So adorable and fabulous, Barbara! Beautifully done and I really love the *sand* paper detailing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW Barb, this is darling!!!! What a sweet image and dang, all your details are AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Too stinkin cute!!!! Great extra touch with the sandpaper. I thought it was cork.

    ReplyDelete
  26. A-DOR-able!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE the sand, and LOVE the little flag on the sandcastle inside, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...