Sunday, May 02, 2010

RAWR means I love you - My Favorite Things May Teaser, Day Two

It's day two of My Favorite Things' May teasers and I can't wait to show this new image to you. Allow me to introduce Little Loveosaurus, from a new illustrator. LOOK at that sweet little face peering out of the costume. Isn't that the cutest thing?!

When I saw this set my first thought was that I was going to use Basic Grey's Archaic paper and I was going to paper piece the costume. When I found this pattern, I knew I had it. I think it looks like "scales"--what do you think? I stamped the image on a Perfect Paper Panel and colored with Copics and paper pieced, then cut it out and popped it up. I love how the Perfect Paper Panel adds so much body to a cut out/popped up image. My layout is pretty simple. I added a strip of natural twill and some twine and a button from MFT's Chocolate Kiss collection, some antique copper brads, and a punched out sentiment panel and it was done.

And, of course, I *had* to use one of our new Die-namics dies to cut the border from cork. I'm using the Jumbo Scallop die--I love how deep the scallops are and how they are such a perfect oval. Again, I used my normal Cuttlebug sandwich and it breezed right through with a perfect cut. This, and two other dies (Scalloped Scallop, and Clouds), will be available May 5th at 10:00pm EDT.


Here's the inside:


Thanks for stopping by today! Want to see more with this set and another Fred Bear set? Head on over to Kim's blog at 11:am and she'll have the list of all the DT showing these sets today. Have fun!

And don't forget this month's MFT Stamps Guest Designer Challenge. This month the challenge is a Fabric and Felt theme. Challenge entries will be due Tuesday, May 4th, by 10 pm EDT. To be considered, upload to SCS using keyword: MFTGUESTDT0510. The winner will be announced in the release party thread on May 5th by 8:45 p.m. EST.

~Supplies~
Stamps:
Little Lovosaurus (MFT)

Paper:
Whisper White, Almost Artichoke (SU!); Perfect Paper Panel (MFT); Archaic 6 x 6 pad (Basic Grey)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories:
Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Jumbo Scallop Die-namics die, button (MFT); Pop Dots, brads (craft store); Copic markers; twill; twine (PTI); cork; oval and large oval punches (SU!); sewing machine


27 comments:

  1. what fun! love the DP you used for this one

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this card and image. When my first was younger, we lived in DINO WORLD... dinos everywhere... As a Preschool teacher, I would be able to make cards for them. I could also pop a photo of each of them dressed like a dinosaur for a page in their memory books that we make each year. Just love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing card.. love it.... love the cork!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you know what my son Anton looked like?? :) Love it ......... so so so cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, so cute. Love that paper and the "scales" are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL with the Scales!!!! TOO Cute my friend, TOO CUTE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barbara, no lie, that was the first paper I had out to use and he was all cut out but I couldn't get it to work. So I switched! Great minds think alike! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way too cute Barbara! That Archiac paper is perfect for this set!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Barbara, this card is beyond fantastic! Oh my gosh, I love how all elements tie together. :) Just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it Bar!! The paper piecing is fantastic and I love all the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Barbara....love love the cork border! Adds such a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fun card!! Love the paper you used!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Heeheehee What a hoot that pattern is. Genius. I love how it gives it a boy look but with so much pep!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all the patterns the cork Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  15. GORGEOUS Barbara! Love those papers with this little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable, Barbara!! LOVE the cork (just picked some up myself) and that dp!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Too cute!!! The paper piecing is awesome, and I love your scalloped cork!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cutie card! Love your use of cork for the scallops. Genius! Thanks for giving me a reason to find that paper. I just love it. So great for boy cards and great idea in using it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this image and how you paper pieced him. It's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So well done Barbara!! Any little dinosaur lover would be thrilled with a card like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this card, it reminded me of the children's book Where the Wild Things Are.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This super piece. Quite amazing. I like children's ideas. While alone in the pages of their application.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is SO fun. I love all the patterns and textures you got going on.

    ReplyDelete
  24. TOOOOOO cute! That paper is PERFECT for the costume!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hehe, I missed this one last time I was on your blog Bar! This is so fun, love that little dinosaur!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...