Saturday, May 15, 2010

For you - Crazy 4 Challenges #37

Happy Saturday! I've got a busy day planned--out to breakfast with friends and then home to do some gardening the rest of the day. First, though, I've got this week's Crazy 4 Challenges card for you. This week, Frances is challenging us to create a card or project with a pocket on it. You can use a stamp of a pocket, a pocket style construction, pocket themed designer paper, whatever your little ol' heart desires, as long as there's a pocket somewhere.


So OK, right away I thought of this adorable Lockhart Vintage Apron image. I just love it, don't you?! I stamped the image on a Cream Perfect Paper Panel with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and paper pieced it. I did add a little shading at the gathers with Copic marker WN1, otherwise there's no coloring. I'm using Midnight Madness Sketch #53 for my layout. I used 3/4" twill for the tabs and sewed them down with a zig-zag stitch and topped them off with buttons from MFT's Summer collection. Paper is Very Vanilla and Sage Shadow, and MFT Wild Cherry (this is the most gorgeous RED, peeps!). The sentiment is from MFT's Chick Flick. I love this layout, I love this stamp, I love this paper, and I love how this card came together.

NOW, be sure to check out the samples by the rest of my crazy girls...er, I mean the Crazy 4 Challenges team ;-)
THEN, you know what to do--we'd love to have you come along and play with us. Just do your thing with the challenge and link it to Mr. Linky on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Please link directly to your project. And, if you upload to a public gallery, please use the key word C4C37.

Thanks so much for dropping in today! Can't wait to see what kind of pockets you all come up with!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Vintage Apron (Lockhart); Chick Flick (MFT)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Sage Shadow (SU!); Perfect Paper Panel, Cherry Red (MFT); Thrift Store (October Afternoon)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Vintage Touch Tea Dye Duo (PTI)
Accessories: Pop Dots (craft store); small oval punch (SU!); buttons (MFT); Rustic Twine (PTI); sewing machine; border punch (Martha Stewart)


31 comments:

  1. I LOVE that apron, this is really a beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soo cute Barbara, love that paper! Happy weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi~!
    your card is sooo beautiful!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. The paper pieced apron is amazing! What a beautiful card this is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this card. You know the thing is that I really am Donna Reed at heart and love all those retro aprons but for some reason they do not look great on me ...... I wish I had that apron in my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I TOTALLY love your card. In fact, I just got Karen's newest apron image yesterday and I must cASE your design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Barbara, wow it is so good to see you playing again. It seems like ages since you played with us. I am thrilled just thrilled because I just love your work. Waht a pretty card you have made today. Love the apron image. Well done {{{clap clap clap}}} Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge this week and for helping celebrate our one year anniversary. I have saved you a dance and would love to see your moves. Keep checking back for the newest theme of the day. See you on the dance floor. DANCE PARTY HERE
    Next week we will be celebrating with a Barbeque Midnight Madness style.
    See you at the BBQ?
    Priscilla
    MMSC Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Barbara, I love this card that apron is to die for. So cute and I love what you did with all the layering!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this stamp!!!! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable card! I love the vintage look of it and of course Love October Afternoon pattern paper!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh My goodness Barbara...i LOVE this apron (gonna HAVE to have it)!! Your card is fabulous!!

    HUGS - LORi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card! How Gorgeous! Happy Gardening!

    Hugs

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  13. Barb, I really like this card! The apron is so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Waaaa....I want this stamp.....there are SO many I want lately! This is just so sweet and precious---you did a great job choosing the right "fabric" for your apron!:D

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's so cute! I love the layout and what a cute stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh so pretty! I love that pop of red! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. that pop of red with the other subtle colors was fabulous....great apron....

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a pretty apron! I love the vintage look!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card! LOVE the apron image! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome. Love that apron stamp!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You rocked this challenge GF...this is an awesome card!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Barbara - this is such a darling card - I love that image and i just LOVE the way you have made it look so vintage! Your paper piecing is fabulous!! Love it! We are glad you joined in the fun this week and appreciate your support for the MMSC - we look forward to seeing you NEXT week when we are going to be 'sizzling' - on the Barbeque - YUMBLY! C U there! (((HUGS)))
    Linda MMSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  23. Barbara this is just so cute. What fabulous paper and colors too! Great job with the sketch this week. Thanks for joining us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. Hope you are enjoying our Dance Party this week.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol :o}
    Midnight Madness Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  24. So PRETTY! I LOVE everything about this card, Barbara. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. oh my gosh Barb, I LOVE this card!!! Your apron is SO darn cute!!! The papers you chose are absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello Barbara, What a beautiful Apron, the paper choice and colors are Fabulous! You sure have an eye for colors and design :) We're so fortunate that you joined us this week. We hope to see your cards more often! Thanks for playing and have fun at our BBQ , xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awesome paper-pieced apron and this DP is so perfect for the style and theme! Thanks for participating in this week's Midnight Madness Sketch challenge and hope to see you again at the MMSC BBQ tomorrow!
    Jessica, MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  28. Adorable! LOVE that paper-pieced apron!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...