Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Birthday Wishes

OMGosh!!! Can you believe it's Wednesday, and Color Throwdown day again! And also CAS-tastic Challenge day! I cannot believe how fast time is flying--maybe that's a sign I'm getting old, y'think? Nah, can't be that ;-)

Anyway, I have a couple of fun challenges for you today. First, I'm hosting the Throwdown this week and here are the colors I chose:


And, the CAS-tastic Challenge is to use circles on your card or project. Easy, right? Well, it was for me, 'cause I have my PTI anniversary set called Round & Round. Perfect! And perfect for a CAS card :)

I started by stamping my Kraft card base with PTI's Background Basics: Botanicals with Versamark. I just love how this looks--a very subtle pattern for interest, but with no color. Then I added a strip of patterned paper from October Afternoon's Report Card 8 x 8 pad and rounded the corners. I stamped the image from Round & Round on Vintage Cream card stock with Old Olive ink and cut it out with a Classic Circle Nestabilities die. Then I added some Hawaiian Shores Vintage Buttons and Rustic Twine and a loop of Lemon Tart ribbon. Finally, I popped the image up on Pop Dots and stamped the sentiment, also from the set, with Dark Chocolate.

Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD92 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week!

Broni Holcombe--Splashes of Watercolor
Danielle Kennedy--Wild Dragonfly Designs
LeAnne Pugliese--Wee Inklings
Tammy Hershberger--Stamp Happy
Kristin Beuter--Mindless Creativity
Laura Pryor - Lil' Inker Designs - May Guest Designer

And I hope you'll play along with the CAS-tastic challenge, too!

The CAS-tastic team:
Agata
Angie (Creator)
Bonnie Rose
Deb
Karen
Maylee
Regina

Our sponsor this week at CAS-tastic is The Cutting Cafe. See the CAS-tastic blog for all the details.

Thanks for stopping by today!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Background Basics: Botanicals, Round & Round (PTI)
Paper: Kraft, Rustic Cream (PTI); Report Card 8 x 8 pad (October Afternoon)
Ink: Dark Chocolate (PTI); Old Olive (SU!); Versamark
Supplies: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Classic Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders); Vintage Button/Rustic Twine (PTI); Lemon Tart Grograin ribbon (PTI)


21 comments:

  1. Love Love LOVE this layout and your sweet papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this gorgeous card in my google reader and immediate had to come visit Barb. So pretty and just a lovely design! You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, Barbara! Very vintagy, yet still very fresh!! Great color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your background....it is just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable, Bar! LOVE your simple pattern stamped in VersaMark on Kraft...with just a strip of pretty color. Great main image for your circle! I need to check into that anniversary set...I haven't gotten mine :[

    Great palette this week! Made playing along a breeze :]

    Oh, and you are not old! You're just a babe...with enough energy to make the time fly!! ;]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this, Barbara! I think these are the sweetest papers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, Barbara! Love those wonderful patterned papers and that sweet circular stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE it! Clean and simple and FANTASTIC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is truly AMAZING!!! I am truly in love with this card. Just beautiful!!!! This is one for the magazines!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is soooo pretty! Love that OA paper and the bg you stamped!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the simplicity of the card and the flowers just really stand out! Beautiful! Played along with your CC today...it will post at 3pm to my blog :)
    Come visit me at the Cottage soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely interpretation, Barbara, so sophisticated. Those colors are not be ignored this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just adore that little strip of OA paper on the edge. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooooh, talk about CAS-tastic! This is fabulous! I just love a cute and simple design like this. SWEET!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE this card! Love, love it!! The design is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this Barbara! So simple yet so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE your card! It's so very simple, but so beautiful. Love the touch of color. Great job ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...