Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Chipboard - FTTC # 67


It's time for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge (FTTC67)! This week Betty Wright is our challenge host! Betty is challenging us to use "chipboard." You can use some already decorated chipboard or find some "bare" chipboard and dress it up! You can make tags, embellishments, or stamp your focal image directly to the stuff! Whether you are painting it up, cutting it out, or using some already pre-cut and decorated chipboard, we would love to see what you create using chipboard!

What a fun challenge! I don't use chipboard nearly enough--usually only for a challenge, LOL! So, you're wondering where my chipboard is, right? Maybe I should have a contest to see who can spot it. Nah, I'll just tell you--it's the green leaf spray. I cut the leaves from some white chipboard that I bought when I bought some Glimmer Mist, so after I cut it out, I sprayed it with Olive Green Glimmer Mist. Am I the only one who gets more of that stuff on themselves than the object they want it on? It's worth the mess, though, 'cause I love the shimmer it gives, although you can't see it in this picture.

My focal image is a lovely sentiment from Around the Arbor, stamped on a piece of Classic Ivory card stock that I inked up with Distress Inks and stamped with Versafine Onyx Black ink. Did I every mention that I love sentiments as focal images? Yeah. I thought so. Then I cut it out with a Classic Oval Nestabilities die and popped it up on foam dots. I'm using Websters Pages Life's Portraits paper and made the rolled flowers with several of the pattern. I learned how to make these flowers from this tutorial that Amy Sheffer posted about. Aren't they adorable?! And so easy to make! You'll be seeing more, I'm sure ;-)

I hope you'll join us this week in the challenge to use chipboard. Be sure to check out what my team mates have done with it!
Thanks so much for stopping by today! See you later today and then tonight!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Around the Arbor (Flourishes)
Paper: Basic Black (SU!); Classic Ivory card stock (Flourishes); Life's Portraits (Websters Pages); chipboard
Ink: Distress Inks (Ranger); Versafine Onyx Black
Supplies: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Classic Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders); Glimmer Mist Olive Green; leaf die (SU!); jewels, ribbon (craft store); sewing machine


20 comments:

  1. Oh, my word, Barbara! This is just gorgesou! I love the rolled flowers and your chipboard leafy spray! Glad you told me 'cause I was a looking! Yes! I agree...I need to use this stuff more! I loved working with it! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so pretty, Barbara!! I love the chipboard leaves you created! Looks awesome with those pretty handmade roses!! So elegant and beautiful design as always.

    I don't have any good luck with the glimmer mist either...I make sure the area is well covered, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! From the papers to the rolled flowers to the gorgeous sheer bow, I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I was looking for the chipboard too. I thought it was the sentiment. I love the rolled flowers they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beauty of a card, and that tutorial is great! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thinking, "Chipboard...what chipboard?" LOL Gorgeous Barb...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply gorgeous!!! Love your chipboard idea and the flowers rock!!! Fab design GF!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is SO pretty, LOVE those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is beautiful! What amazing texture and dimension... the flowers, the stitching, the ribbon, the chipboard, all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your flowers are so pretty. They definitely stand out to me! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Barbara, those flowers are very fun! Love the look on this background. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those flowers are gorgeous!! This is a fantastic card! You are one busy girl for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh so pretty! LOVE the paper flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. *thud*

    Your work is so beautiful!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! Love those flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. STUNNING rolled flowers! They're so fun to make aren't they? Superb card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card - love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Come over to my house tonight and teach me how to make those flowers, OK? This is GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! This is gorgeous! Love your flowers!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...