Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Happy Father's Day - My Favorite Things' May Teaser, Day Four

[If you're looking for my FTTC card, please scroll down to the next post. Thanks!]

Day four of May teasers! Have you started your shopping list yet? :) Today we're showing you three new sets: Clearly Sentimental About Fathers (which is the one I'm using), Meet Emma and Wyatt (new characters), and Heart On a String (Joline). Thirteen new sets and three new Die-namics dies! What a month!

I've been waiting for a really good reason to pull out my Graphic 45 paper called A Proper Gentleman and I finally found it. I love it when my paper does lots of the work for me and this one certainly does. Very manly for a Father's Day card and I love the vintage look and feel. I think my layout is pretty simple--I'm roughly following SSSC66. I stamped the sentiment on Fossil card stock (also used for the base card), cut/embossed with a Labels Ten Nestabilities die, and matted on a Classic Oval in Basic Black. I'm also using Red Hot card stock and the button is from MFTs Summer collection.

Here's the inside:


You didn't really think I'd let you go without showing you another Die-namics border, did you? ;-) This is just patterned paper so it was a breeze to cut with my normal Cuttlebug sandwich.

Thanks for stopping by today! Want to see more with this set and the other two new sets? Head on over to Kim's blog at 11:00am and she'll have the list of all the DT showing these sets today. Have fun!

And don't forget this month's MFT Stamps Guest Designer Challenge. This month the challenge is a Fabric and Felt theme. Challenge entries will be due today, May 4th, by 10 pm EDT. To be considered, upload to SCS using keyword: MFTGUESTDT0510. The winner will be announced in the release party thread on May 5th by 8:45 p.m. EST.


~Supplies~
Stamps: Clearly Sentimental About Fathers (MFT)
Paper: Fossil, Red Hot (MFT); Basic Black (SU!); A Proper Gentleman (Graphic 45)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Vintage Touch (PTI)
Accessories: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Labels Ten and Classic Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders); Scalloped Scallop Die-namics die, button (MFT); hemp (craft store); natural and black twill; sewing machine


18 comments:

  1. Love what you did with that neat dp. The inside looks neat as well. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual, you have such GREAT DP! It works great with this card...I love the border you did with the punch on the inside! Now I need to add THAT to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That paper is FANTASTIC and the card turned out wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that paper, perfect for Father's Day cards! Great job on both cards Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome PP Barb, and I love the simply stitched pieces of twill. Great card all around!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome design! That paper is perfect, and I love the strips of twill on the side!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderful Father's Day card. I love the vintage look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. way cool paper and a sweet design- love this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great masculine card! I love how you used the papers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome male card Barb ... love that DP

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOOOhhhh, so masculine. Love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fantastic image and the twill, nice! The application is so grand.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is awesome - I totally love that PP. So vintage-y!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic Barbara. Love that DP too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic, Barbara! I really like your use of the twill!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cool--and different from what you normally do. Is it vintage? I love it! You go!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...