Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Wishing you happiness - CTD #91 & CAS-tastic #01

It's Wednesday so that means it's Color Throwdown day! It also means its CAS-tastic Challenge day, too. I'm happy to announce I was chosen for this new challenge's very first design team. You know I've been gravitating towards CAS for a while so I'm so happy to be joining this team for a 3-month term starting today! Since I have a MFT teaser yet to post and MFT blog hop tonight, I'm combining these two challenges today.

The fabulous Broni chose today's Throwdown colors:
And CAS-tastic's first challenge is to make a birthday card. Easy peasy, right?

I'm using MFT's Clearly Sentimental About Birthdays set for my sentiments--which is the only stamping on this card. My layout is Clean and Simply Fall-To Sketch #88. Really simple layout but I couldn't resist using MFT's Jumbo Scallop die for a little interest. Buttons are from MFT's Summer collection.


Here's the inside; LOVE this sentiment.


Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD91 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week! And welcome to our May guest designer--Laura Pryer!!!

Broni Holcombe--Splashes of Watercolor
Danielle Kennedy--Wild Dragonfly Designs
LeAnne Pugliese--Wee Inklings
Tammy Hershberger--Stamp Happy
Kristin Beuter--Mindless Creativity
Laura Pryor - Lil' Inker Designs - May Guest Designer

And I hope you'll play along with the CAS-tastic challenge, too! You can combine them like I did, LOL!!!
The CAS-tastic team:
Agata
Angie (Creator)
Bonnie Rose
Deb
Karen
Maylee
Regina

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you'll come back to see today's MFT teaser!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Clearly Sentimental About Birthdays (MFT)
Paper: Whisper White, Kiwi Kiss, Tempting Turquoise (SU!); Citrus mat stack (DCWV)
Ink: Tempting Turquoise (SU!)
Accessories: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Jumbo Scallop Die-namics die, buttons (MFT); Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers); Pearl Cotton (DMC); ribbon (craft store)


15 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhh, love these colors and what a fun layout! CONGRATS on the CAS-tastic challenge team (love that name, CAS-tastic).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful CAS card, Barbara!! I'd never even heard of the CAS-tastic challenge, but they're in my reader now! Congrats on being chosen for the DT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoWzA! What fabulous creations! LOVE that stunning fabric flower you created ... just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is fabulous! I love these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! Congrats on your CAS team gig, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This took my breath away. I love a clean and simple card that still packs a punch! Beautious!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Barbara! That huge scallop border is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, sweet design, Bar! LOVE those big scallops!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card! Those sentiments are really great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply beautiful Barbara, that bow is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful CAS Card!! LOVE the big scallop and the colors! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...