Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Picture it! - FTTC #66

It's time for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge (FTTC66)! This week Maki Jones is our challenge host! Maki is challenging us to "picture it!" Now, a photo card is one way of looking at the challenge; however, you can venture off into other avenues as well. Think magazine pictures, real image designer papers, or take a picture of some of your favorite things and print it out! The photo does not have to be the focal point of the card, either. Think layered flowers, borders, tags, etc! There are also many photo techniques that can be used from altered photos, vellum pictures, and faux cloisonne'. Whichever photo option you take, we would love to see what you create with the "picture it" challenge!

I decided to stroll around my yard and take a picture of one of the thousands of rose blooms I have right now. I expected to use one of them, but when I saw I had my first waterlily bloom in one of my ponds, I knew I had to use it.

So, I took several pictures, chose the best one, and printed it off and matted it with some Nestabilities layers. I wanted the picture to be the center of attention, so I kept everything else kind of simple, but vintage-y :) I love to sit by one of my ponds and listen to the waterfall--it's so peaceful. This sentiment, from Waterlily suggests "peace" to me, so I chose to use it on this card. I stamped a waterlily leaf (also in the set) twice, side by side on patterned paper, cut it out in one piece and used it to mat the sentiment, which was stamped on Blush Blossom and punched out. A few embellishments, and it was done!

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you'll join us in this challenge--and be sure to take a look at what my teammates have come up with, as well.
~Supplies~
Stamps: Waterlily (Flourishes)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Old Olive, Blush Blossom (SU!); Porcelain 6 x 6 pad (Basic Grey); photo printer paper
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; printer ink; Vintage Touch (PTI)
Accessories: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Labels Three and Classic Square Nestabilities (Spellbinders); large oval punch (SU!); pearls (Basic Grey); lace (craft store); silk ribbon (May Arts); button and twine (PTI); sewing machine


17 comments:

  1. What a lovely card...this challenge is fantastic!

    Smiles!
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, this is just beautiful! Wonderful design and I LOVE how you used the lily pads from the set to frame the sentiment! Great look! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous!!I love the lace and all the details:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flower, beautiful card and a beautiful time of year-love all the flowers this time of year and think, we are just getting started! tfs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love the idea of using a photograph as the focal image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...how gorgeous, Barbara!! Love the all elements you used with your beautiful water lily! Wonderful details and card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE how you used the picture on this card, just BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful to be able to walk outside and see such beauty. This is an outstanding card, just so lovely. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, what a gorgeous card. Love the water lily picture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. He,he,he...it's so fun...we thought a like. I love your photo of the waterlily bloom!!! Perfect and beautiful design card Barbara!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, barbra! I looove the ribbon and the bow is perfect. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning.... absolutely gorgeous! Rub shoulders with me so that your creativeness rubs off on me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous photograph, Barbara! It sounds like you must have a beautiful garden. The paper you used is drool-worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This turned out beautifully! I KNEW you'd rock that challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...