Monday, May 17, 2010

With Sympathy - Papertrey Chicks Challenge #3

How about this? I'm doing the Papertrey Chicks challenge on the first day! Only because I'm hosting this week, LOL! I have a technique challenge--heat embossing.


I decided to make a sympathy card since my supply was getting low. I think these colors will lend it to either a male or a female should I need to send it. My layout is from this week's Twisted Sketch, although flipped, and I was inspired by this card by Ingrid Danvers. I stamped the large image from Fancy Flourishes on Stamper's Select with black pigment ink, then heat embossed with clear detail embossing powder before trimming my strips for the layout. I also stamped a small flourish on the sentiment (from Mega Mixed Messages) panel in Lemon Tart. I think the rest is pretty obvious. I added some small black jewels to the sentiment panel to give it some definition as it seemed to need a little something else.

Here's a close up of the shiny embossing:


And that's it! Thanks for stopping by today! I'll have a FTTC for you bright and early tomorrow morning and another post--it's a secret until then--at 11:00am EDT tomorrow and yet another at 10:00pm tomorrow night! I'm sorry for so many posts, but it just happened to end up to be a busy blogging day :) Hope to see you back for all of them!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Fancy Flourishes, Mega Mixed Messages (PTI)
Paper: Kraft, Stamper's Select White; True Black (PTI)
Ink: Basic Black Craft Ink (SU!); True Black (PTI)
Accessories: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Labels Nine Nestabilities (Spellbinders); Medium Scallop Border, buttons, ribbon, twine (PTI); clear embossing powder, heat tool


20 comments:

  1. This is wonderful, Barbara! I may have to play! Love the challenge and the sketch! I often forget about embossing. Beautiful design and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is one beautiful card gf. It's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soft and beautiful! The layout is great...will have to check that out and the labels 9 for the sentiment is perfect. Did I mention the color combo? LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Barbara! I love the simplicity of it! Thanks for playing at Twisted Sketches! (and love your post on the Papertrey Chicks blog too, I definitely need to post some embossing this week).

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's perfection, Barbara! So clean and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous card!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Barbara! Wow! I love the black and white with the yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is BEAUTIFUL!!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful sympathy card Bar!! I really need to have some on hand myself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful!! I love the flourish and you're right that it would work for either sex. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness! This is so lovely! I actually sighed aloud when I saw it -- just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful! I love how you added the touch of Lemon Tart on the sentiment panel.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Barbara, your card is simply gorgeous. The heat embossing adds a nice touch. Thank you for playing along with us at Twisted Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice! Love the layout. I may have to give this one a try too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card! I really like how you split the flourish into panels - it's a cool look.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning card!! I love the way the kraft cardstock looks with the black and white and I also think that the stamped image looks awesome across the panels. Thanks for joining us at Twisted Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning card! So elegant. I love it all. Especially the introduction of the kraft coloured elements to set off the black and white. Gorgeous! Thanks for playing along at Twisted Sketches. x x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful! I LOVE how you stamped the flourish, then cut the panels apart!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...