Sunday, May 09, 2010

Life - Papertrey Chicks Challenge

First of all, Happy Mother's Day!!!

I'm finally getting a chance to play this week's Papertrey Chicks challenge. It's a color challenge with these colors:



I love that color combo and here's what I came up with (all supplies are PTI unless noted otherwise).

First, my card base is Soft Stone. Then a large panel of Stamper's Select White card stock on which I stamped the large image from Fancy Flourishes in Spring Moss. Then I stamped images from Life in Pure Poppy, Orange Zest, and Hawaiian Shores. The sentiment was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black, then I tied a bow around with Hawaiian Shores Saddle Stitched ribbon. The upper left corner looked a little bare, but I didn't really want any color there, so I went with clear Dew Drops and I think they worked. The entire white panel is up on foam tape. I'm using Mercy's Tuesday Sketch #72 for my layout.

Thanks for stopping by today!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Fancy Flourishes, Life (PTI)
Paper: Soft Stone, Stamper's Select White (PTI)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Pure Poppy, Orange Zest, Hawaiian Shores (PTI)
Accessories: foam tape; Dew Drops; ribbon (PTI)


30 comments:

  1. Barbra! your card is a delight to see. So soft and pretty. Great use of the colors, love the white on white and the HS ribbon ties them all together so well. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Barbara! I love the flowers over the flourish, and the soft, watercolor look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! This is absolutely divine!! I love how soft and sweet this card is. Even with the bold colors added. Great job on the sketch and challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so gorgeous! I love all the white with just a hint of vibrant color!
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super pretty card using all those colors. Love your idea to keep it simple against the white background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is so pretty! I love all the different sets that you used- they work together so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Mother's Day Barbara! You did it...you enabler you! Now I am adding Flourishes and Life to my cart this month. I love that card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card and I LOVE the pop of color with the HS ribbon bow!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE your card.. the colors are FANTASTIC! (I need to reink this set!!)
    Have a GREAT day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVIN' these fun colors and what you've done with them. They look so pretty and totally pop against all that white space.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply gorgeous. What a great color combo. Your design is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Barbara, this is simply gorgeous! I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  13. BEAUTIFUL Bar. Happy Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, I am so in love with this one Bar! The colours work so well together and your composition is divine! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous card, Barbara! So fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty! Love the colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous colors and design, Barbara! Love the PTI images you combined, too! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Barbara, this is just beautiful!!! You used the colors in such a subtle way...gorgeous!! By the way, I also enjoyed seeing all of your MFT projects too!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OK I love this! The colors are so pretty and I love the white space! This is going in my CASE file! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card as always.Love the colors you used.Thanks again..

    ReplyDelete
  21. Simply beautiful (and inspiring too, if only I could go home to play!)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Classy! Oh I like the white on white with the hint of color!

    ReplyDelete
  23. My jaw hit the floor. This is drop dead gorgeous!!! It is a true piece of art. It helps that Life is my favorite stamp set at the moment. :) Sincerely, this is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is gorgeous, Barbara! I love how you mixed in the Fancy Flourishes with the Life stamps. It looks like a wispy leaf. Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome card! I especially love the flourish behind/among the flowers. Great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Barbara, this card is beautiful! I'm so gonna CASE this...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow!! This is gorgeous!! I love the colors and design! This is another set on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...