Friday, May 07, 2010

Best Birthday Ever - Stamp Simply #138

What a whirlwind the last few days have been! It has been a fabulous My Favorite Things release this month. Every month I think it can't get any better--but it does!!

Today is Stamp Simply day and since I can't put those dies down, I decided to try something a little CAS for this week's card :) This week Sharon wants us to make a Mother's Day card, or if you don't need one, at least a very feminine card. Here's what she says"

May 7 - ssnotime 138 - Mother's Day - Since this is Mother's Day weekend, let's do a card or project for Mother's Day. I realize many of you may have your Mother's Day projects complete already, so in that case make your card or project suitable for a woman for any occasion you desire. Just make sure it's a VERY female oriented project! That's it! Can't wait to see!!!

OK, I think my card is female oriented but I'm not sure if it's VERY female oriented. Pastels, check. Ribbon, check. Buttons, check. Clean and simple, check ;-) I'd been wanting to do something with a rainbow effect and this is what I came up with. I cut 6 pieces of cardstock with the Scalloped Scallop die and layered them in a rainbow configuration. Then I topped them with white grosgrain ribbon and buttons in the rainbow colors. Next I very simply stamped the sentiment, from Wrapped In Love in Smokey Shadow ink. Patterned paper is from White Basics by Basic Grey.


So, now it's your turn. Come along and play and take us up on the challenge--we'd love to see what you come up with. If you do, be sure to leave the link to your project on Sharon's blog using Mr. Linky. Please use the keyword ssnotime138 if you upload to a public forum. And don't forget to check out Sharon's fabulous sample and also the great designs from the Stamp Simply team and leave 'em some love!

Teresa Kline - May Guest Designer

Jennifer Buck - sitting out this week

Barb Schram

Janine Orchard

A J Otto

Deb Saarenen

Jenny Gropp

Deb Neerman

Sherry Cheever - sittin' in with us tonight

Thanks for dropping in! I always love it when you do!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Wrapped In Love (MFT)

Paper: Stamper's Selec White, Smokey Shadow. Spring Rain, Spring Moss, Lemon Tart, Melon Berry, Sweet Blush, Lavender Moon (PTI); White Basics (Basic Grey)

Ink: Smokey Shadow (PTI)

Accessories: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Die-namics Scalloped Scallop die (MFT); Vintage buttons, Rustic Twine (PTI; Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers)


24 comments:

  1. I think it's very pretty Barbara!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colors and design in your card-very pretty. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely DARLING! I LOVE your rainbow effect -- and the buttons are just the cutest! GREAT project for today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful....love all the layered borders and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous, Barbara! What a great idea to layer the punched borders!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CUTE! Love those scalloped layers and the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in love with the layered rainbow of colors. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty scalloped border! Love the color mix!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet color fest! I think a female would love this card! Have a terrific day, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's beautiful and very much for a woman!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute!!! Love the die-namics layers!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look at all those scallops! This is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colors and the piercing! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it, Barbara!! I can't wait to get my dies!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this Bar, the little ruffles of colour are so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Barb, totally love this card! So many possibilities with this concept! Thanks....
    I'd love to participate, but I'm away from home for a few days... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those lined up scallops are divine! Such a pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So soft and pretty! Love the layered scallops!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun way to use color. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love all of the scallops! The layering looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE LOVE LOVE what you did with the multi-colored scalloped edging, and the buttons, FABULOUS card Barbara!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...