Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Taylored Expressions Blast From the Past Blog Hop

[If you're looking for my FTTC card, please scroll down to the next post. Thanks!]


You've either happened upon Taylored Expressions' very first Blast From the Past Blog Hop or you're here from another site on the hop. Whichever, WELCOME, I'm so glad you stopped by!

I decided to use the sketch Taylor supplied for us and I used two TE sets for my card: Discover Your Wings for the focal image and the sentiment is from Faith and Hope. I stamped the focal image (which is only a portion of the largest stamp in the set) on Very Vanilla card stock, using markers to color the image. Then I proceeded to sponge it with several Distress Inks (Wild Honey, Olive, Tea Dye, Walnut Stain, Rusty Hinge) until I got the color I was looking for. The patterned paper is from 7 Gypsies 6 x 6 pad and is called Gypsy Market. It's distressed both with a distressing tool and Distress Inks for a vintage look. The sentiment was stamped on the reverse of the base paper with Versafine Onyx Black and it also has it's edges sponged. Finally, I added some embellishments and it was done--the black "ribbon" is actually twill but it's hard to tell from this picture.

Thanks so much for stopping by!



~Supplies~
Stamps:
Discover Your Wings, Faith and Hope (Taylored Expressions)

Paper:
More Mustard, Basic Black, Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla (SU!); Gypsy Market (7 Gypsies)

Ink:
Versafine Onyx Black; Distress Inks (Ranger); More Mustard, Always Artichoke, Close To Cocoa Markers (SU!)

Accessories:
Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Classic Circle and Petite Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders); Little Leaves die (SU!); Pop Dots, silk sunflowers, jewels (craft store); twill; distressing tool (Ranger)


26 comments:

  1. Wow!! Barbara, as usual, your cards are just fantastic!! I'm in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my C4C Friend- I miss you! Your card is just STUNNING, wow. LOVE the sunflowers-my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely beautiful! What patience in using all of those inks to get just the right color! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply amazing!! Love those sunflowers you added to the corner and your inking/distressing on the main image is fabulous!

    Thanks for playing in the Blast from the Past blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ACK...THUD...............................STUNNING, Barbara!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is just gorgeous! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely LOVE this Barbara! Stunning mix of sets and those sunflowers are just pure fabulousness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. stunning card. love the earthy-ness of the colors

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This is a great card! I love the darker tones! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. GORGEOUS!!! I love how you used only part of the large stamp image and how you balanced the flower embellishments with the sentiment and brads!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowzers Barbara, beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job! Love those sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just beautiful!!!! Amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous, girl! Love the rich colors!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous card! Love the image, the beautiful flowers... the paper... everything is just perfect! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning Barbara!!I am SOO addicted to 7Gypsies, and your card coordinates so beautifully!! sigh.. perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is absolutely gorgeous, Barbra! Love all the distressing!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a pretty card! Amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning as stunning can be!!! So glad you were able to join the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful! I LOVE how great those sunflowers look with the image you used and the aged look of everything!

    ReplyDelete
  21. what a gorgeous card, barbara! I love the distressing & bent over corner; so glad you played in the hop with us!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, this is beautiful! I love the sunflower embellies!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...