Sunday, May 23, 2010

Happy Birthday - OLW5

A couple of weeks ago I discovered Susan Raihala's one layer card challenge on Wednesdays. Since I'm trying to learn to do OLC better I was intrigued. This is the first chance I've had to play along and let me say it was definitely a challenge! There's always a "twist" and this week the twist was to add a faux embellishment--meaning a stamped embellishment.


I have a couple of options along this line but I chose to use this Stampendous rick rack stamp set that had been catching dust and had never seen ink. As you can see, I went VERY CAS and stamped the largest image twice--once with PTI Hibiscus Burst and once with Orange Zest. Then I stamped the sentiment from PTI's Birthday Basics set in True Black.

Whoa. OK, then. I can't believe I made this card. And I'm posting it. Whoa. Must say it was quick to make. And to write about ;-)

Thanks for stopping by today!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Rick Rack (Stampendous); Birthday Basics (PTI)
Paper: Stamper's Select White (PTI)
Ink: Hibiscus Burst, Orange Zest, True Black (PTI)


13 comments:

  1. Great take on the challenge Barbra! Love the ric rac border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job with the CAS and Sue's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did a fine job, the color choices really make the card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great, Barbara! I love that SHORT supply list!! I need to learn to do a little more CAS and maybe I wouldn't stress so much about having so little time!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you---I LOVE it in all its simplicity! I am off to make one today too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT CAS ....... the colors are perfect against the white!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicely done and to the point. CAS cards are hard to do but I think you got this one right.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's perfect for the challenge, and colors that I LOVE! I think I might have that stamp set somewhere gathering dust, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ida's right: you nailed CAS with this! Colorful, simple, and perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...