Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Absolutely fabulous - CTD # 93 and CAS-tastic

[If you're looking for my MFT VIP Hop card, please scroll down to the next post. My TE Blog Hop post is here. Thanks!]

So, it's Wednesday again so that means it's Color Throwdown and CAS-tastic Challenge day. The CTD colors were chosen by Danielle and are:
The CAS-tastic challenge was to make a one layer card. I'm still learning how to do them, but I love how a good one looks. I'll keep trying :) I'm using Fall-To Layout #90 and SCS Inspiration Challenge #232. This pattern was my inspiration piece.

OK, so let me say right up front that these colors were TOUGH for me! But that's what makes it a challenge, right? Right.

First of all, I made some score lines at the top and bottom of my card front. You can't really see the top ones because the ribbon covers them, but at the time I was scoring, I didn't really know what I was going to do ;-)

Then I masked the score lines so I wouldn't stray over them and stamped the three colors randomly, sorta like the inspiration pattern, using a stamp from PTI's Turning a New Leaf set. I added a pink gingham ribbon, some silver flat backed pearls, and stamped the sentiment in PTI Smokey Shadow ink.

Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD93 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week!

Broni Holcombe--Splashes of Watercolor
Danielle Kennedy--Wild Dragonfly Designs
LeAnne Pugliese--Wee Inklings
Tammy Hershberger--Stamp Happy
Kristin Beuter--Mindless Creativity
Laura Pryor - Lil' Inker Designs - May Guest Designer

And I hope you'll play along with the CAS-tastic challenge, too!

The CAS-tastic team:
Agata
Angie (Creator)
Bonnie Rose
Deb
Karen
Maylee
Regina

Our sponsor this week at CAS-tastic is Busy Beauties Boutique. See the CAS-tastic blog for all the details.

Thanks for stopping by today!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Turning a New Leaf (PTI)
Paper: Stamper's Select White (PTI)
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo, Baja Breeze (SU!); Smokey Shadow (PTI)
Accessories: silver flat backed pearls, ribbon (craft store)


30 comments:

  1. Oh my word, I LOOOOOOOVE your CAS card. Beautiful stamping, love the the scored lines, and PERFECTLY tied sweet pink bow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I LOVE this card!!! So fresh and fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH Barb, I think we're on the same wavelength! I made a card very similar to this while I was on a retreat this past weekend. Your colors are much better though and I love that gingham ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Barbara! I love those colors on the white! They really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty.....I love these colors, but you're right, they were a challenge together! I like the scoring....just adds a nice little finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hv this PTI SET.. love what you did with it... fantastic card! Love all the white space.. love it...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a pretty new follower, and can I just say YOUR CARDS ARE BEAUTIFUL! I keep forwarding links to my girlfriends so they can " ooh & aaah" with me. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect card! Love all the stamping in different shades you did! It's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great use of the colors. Beautiful card Barbara. Nadia

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one GORGEOUS CAS card, Barbara! Beautiful pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This might be my favorite today!! (Can I say that?) I love the score lines you added and how you masked over it. I must get my hands on some flat back silver pearls. They are amazing on this card. I just LOVE everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Barbara, this is beautiful! LOVE how you used these colors and that gingham is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WoW, this card is "absolutely gorgeous!!" A fabulous take on a difficult color combination ... and so beautifully stamped!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw this card over on Color Throwdown and I just loved it! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Barbara, your card is "absolutely FABULOUS"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice. I think you did a great job using those colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW this is really fabulous! I love this card!! I am off to check the blog, sounds like fun!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. As the sentiment says......this card is absolutely fabulous! I LOVE how you stamped those branches in the CTD colors and wrapped them all up with a pretty ribbon and bow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Seriously love how you used this set! Love those colors and your ribbon is tied perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would never have guessed you thought those colors to be hard, as this card is absolutely beautiful! So elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so beautiful Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh what a pretty card! Love the multi colored stamping and the simple embossed lines! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so pretty! I love those silver pearls! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. These colors are gorgeous! Love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Definitely a fabulous clean and simple card Barbara. I'm loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous...I know I say that a lot, but hey it's the truth :) your work is super gorgeous!!! Love this CAS card...the scoring looks perfect...not to mention these awesome Pearls!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am so in love with this card! You did such a fantastic job with the colors- just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...