Friday, May 21, 2010

Enjoy the Moment - Stamp Simply #140

First of all, I want to thank every one who left birthday greetings for me yesterday! I loved every single sweet one and appreciate them more than you'll ever know--you all helped to make my day extra special!

Now, on to today's card:

It's time for another Stamp Simply challenge! Today Sharon wants us to go askew. Here's what she says:

May 21 - ssnotime140 - Gone Askew - Today's challenge is something I like to fall back on if I'm in a super hurry to make a card because it's just so easy -- place your focal image askew on your card -- no trying to center it or mat it perfectly -- just place it askew. I love this look and it just doesn't get any easier!!! I'm so anxious to see your askew creations!

I wanted to make an easy card so I started looking through my Crafty Secrets Summertime Journal Notes that I got from Sharon's store and ran across this image. It struck me immediately that it would work really well with my Graphic 45 On the Boardwalk paper, also from Sharon's store. This was a super easy and quick card to put together--just lots of layers and very simply stamped. The sentiment was stamped on a piece of patterned paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and a stamp from PTI's Mega Mixed Messages set. As they say, easy peasy, lemon squeezy.

So, now it's your turn. Come along and play and take us up on the challenge--we'd love to see what you come up with. If you do, be sure to leave the link to your project on Sharon's blog using Mr. Linky. Please use the keyword ssnotime140 if you upload to a public forum. And don't forget to check out Sharon's fabulous sample and also the great designs from the Stamp Simply team and leave 'em some love!

Teresa Kline - May Guest Designer

Barb Schram

Janine Orchard

A J Otto

Deb Saarenen

Jenny Gropp

Deb Neerman

Thanks for dropping in! I always love it when you do!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Mega Mixed Messages (PTI)
Paper: Basic Black, Tangerine Tango, Baja Breeze (SU!); On the Boardwalk 8 x 8 pad (Graphic 45)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Crafty Secrets Summertime Journal Notes; oval punch (SU!); jewels, ribbon (craft store); buttons, twine (PTI)


21 comments:

  1. LOVE this Barbara ... and I love the way the focal image and the DP go together so perfectly!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic, Barbara! I just got me some of this Graphic 45 dp from Sharon, too! You know...skewed designs are tough for me. It is a challenge! I may have to skew something up...and use my new dp! Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these colors are gorgeous, I luv it...have a wonderful weekend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. Quick and easy. Love all the papers used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout!! Really like the colors used!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great layout ....... love the colors and wish I was the one walking on this card w/ a Rita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it!! The colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool! I didn't know it was your bday yesterday. I hope you had a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card. Love, Love, Love the image you used.
    Oh I missed your birthday, so please accept my belated wishes. I hope your day was wonderful and may you have many more B-Days to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're right, Barbara, it's just perfect with the G45 paper! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous Barb! LOVE everything about your design here...you askew is perfectly balanced...LOL!!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome card. Great papers and it made a great askew card. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi!

    I saw your work over at SCS too and I just LOVE your designs...I wanted to stop by your blog and tell you...LOVE this latest post too...Just left you a comment over at SCS on a wonderful apron card you made! Have a great weekend! Cookie

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cool is that! Great postage style looking card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. GREAT card! Love the stripes and black ribbon. So striking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic card! You are such an inspiration! I have such a hard time tilting things! LOL I do it sometimes, but it's hard! I'm a very clean, straight lines kind of stamper.

    ReplyDelete
  17. FABULOUS card, Bar! LOVE the stripes, and the "askew" panels!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Everything about this card is perfect-love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is utterly gorgeous! Love all of the details you included - LOTS to look at, but not cluttered! The 'skew' design looks perfect here!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...