Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - My Favorite Things' June VIP Blog Hop

OK, it's that time of the month! Time for My Favorite Things' VIP Blog Hop! If you got here by chance, you might want to head over to Kim's blog 'cause that's where it all starts. If you got here from the awesomely talented Sherrie's blog, you're right on track.

The WTG Goes Green VIP Package is $36.40 and includes:
Who's That Girl Goes Green $17.95
What a Day (FREE, $9 value)Twill Ribbon Collection $5.95
Die-namics Edge Die (Be one of the FIRST to get a NEW Die-namics die, which will be officially released on June 2nd) $12.50

Awesome package, right???

Costumes from Wonderland is an additional release for May 18th @ 10 PM EST and is $15.95.




So, here's my card. I love this set because I try to live sorta green--light green, maybe, LOL? I am using recycled paper with DCWV Green Mat Stack and I used a brown paper grocery bag to paper piece WTG's bags and for the sentiment. Every little bit helps, right? I stamped the image (and there's ANOTHER WTG image in this set, along with several wonderful sentiments, that will knock your socks off!) on a Perfect Paper Panel and mostly paper pieced it with a little Copic coloring. I think the mechanics are pretty obvious, except I did use the Jumbo Scallop and Scalloped Scallop Die-namics dies for the horizontal element--it's hard to see in this picture, but they're there. Other MFT products I used are Wild Cherry and Sour Apple card stock, and a Summer Collection button on my twill bow.


The inside. LOVE this sentiment!!!


Thanks for stopping by! Now you'll want to head on over to the chocked-full-of-talent Melody's blog to see what green-ness she's got going on; I'm right behind you!

~Supplies~
Stamps:
Who's That Girl Goes Green (MFT)

Paper:
white card stock base; Wild Cherry, Sour Apple card stock, Perfect Paper Panel (MFT); The Green Stack (DCWV); brown paper bag
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa; Green Galore, Garden Green (SU!)

Accessories:
Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Jumbo Scallop and Scalloped Scallop Die-namics (MFT); button (MFT); twill; sewing machine; Designer Label punch, 1 3/8" circle punch (SU!); Pearl cotton, flat backed pearls (craft store); Copic markers; butterfly punch (Marvy)


23 comments:

  1. FABULOUS Bar, perfect paper for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO not green but this is STINKIN CUTE!!!! She's a MUST have for me!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun bow and I love all the paper piercing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so perfect! I just love that sentiment on the inside of the card...not sure exactly when I'd use it right now...but I do *need* it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, Bar! Great idea to make bags out of bags!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great Barbara! I love that Green Mat Stack!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun card Barb! How do you get it all done???

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a timely image MFT has created, and the inside sentiment is the BEST! Wonderful interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love this the green stack from DCWV. Your card is so inspiring! both artistically and environmentally!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! I love the sentiment on the inside too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! another stunning card, love all the elements. looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the sentiment on the inside and the pieced shopping bags-great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh so cute! love that you used the grocery bags and i LOVE that inside sentiment too!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love how you incorporated cork in your design! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the color combo! Perfect sentiment inside, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it Bar! I love the recycled bags and the paper is just perfect for this stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous! I LOVE how you recycled the shopping bags!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card! Love the scene with the sidewalk and the grass.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...